Saturday 8 October 2016

Sanity it is!

The blooming Hibiscus was gloomy today.
Why is your rosy cheek so dull if I may say?
Nudged the Jasmine tree in her fragrant sway.

What's so special about the budding Basil;
That she has a special place in the window sill?
I am pretty and red and every gardener's delight
Why must I stand at a corner out of sight?

As she sulked and irked her mind,
Running came some kids behind.
They adored the prized shoe- flower in their backyard,
Trying to memorise the botany very very hard!

I have a special place here.
So what if I am not adorned like her.
Never will I compare again,
                                                             As this is all it takes to remain sane!

1 comment:

  1. I never knew that you were such an amazing poet! That's maybe because I never read your poems before :P
    I loved this!!

    ReplyDelete